Since recently we have a new friend in the kitchen – the Multicooker:) I was forced to buy one since our stove works on gas which turned out to be very inconvenient. I actually wanted to buy a crock pot, but they don’t sell those here (how strange is that?!), so I was stuck with the second best thing:)
Anyway, we’re happy with our Multicooker and today I decided to share with you one of our frequently prepared recipes. I love baking cakes in the Multicooker, because… well, because it’s so easy! 🙂 I just toss the mixture inside and come back an hour later to eat the result:) It has never let me down:)
This Apple Sharlotte is ridiculously easy to put together and makes a great breakfast or a dinner dessert. I love eating the Sharlotte while it’s still warm, but it’s also good if you serve it after it has cooled down. The Apple Sharlotte can be a great and easy gift you can prepare for friends and family gatherings.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2-3 apples
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp baking soda (slaked with boiling water)
- Butter for greasing the bowl of the Multicooker
- Powdered sugar
- Whip the eggs, salt, sugar and baking soda.
- Add the sifted flour (even if you don’t sift it, it’s ok) and blend until well incorporated.
- Peel and deseed the apples and add them to the mixture. Stir with a spoon.
- Grease the bowl of the multicooker with butter and pour the mixture inside. Bake 60-80 minutes.
- After taking the Apple Sharlotte out of the cooker, powder it with powdered sugar.
Here’s how it looks after you open the lid of the Multicooker:
And here’s how it looks after you take it out: