We all have them, don’t we? Big dreams, that we think about every single day and wish they came true. You might dream about getting rich, building a house, getting married, finding happiness, and so on, the list goes on. Don’t you feel that sometimes we’re so busy dreaming about it, that we completely forget to take action? We forget that there’s an option to follow those dreams and to make them reality.
Yes, it probably wouldn’t happen with a wish upon a star (at least not every time and not for everyone), but strong determination and a lot of hard work will surely help you to achieve your dream (or get as close to it as possible).
Here are 5 steps to turning your dream into reality:
- Set a goal. Transform your dream into a goal. Write it down. Set a deadline. Put it somewhere where you can see it all the time.
- Structure your path. Create a list with all the things that you’ll need to do in order to accomplish this goal. Write them down. Those will be your mini goals to accomplish in order to reach the big one. They will lead the way, making it easier for you to stay on track.
- Create an action plan. Break down your mini goals into concrete action steps. What should you do each day to reach those mini goals? Write it down.
- Start your journey. Follow the action plan you created every day and celebrate the small victories on your way to the big prize.
- Revisit your goals and action plan every day. Make some changes whenever you start feeling overwhelmed or see that you’re behind schedule. Remember that it should serve you, not the other way around.
Don’t get discouraged if it turns out more difficult than you imagined. In fact, it probably will turn out more difficult than you imagined. But keeping your eyes on the mini goals you outlined and following your action plan will help you stay on track even when you feel more like giving up.
Tweaking your action plan is crucial! Don’t feel like you’ve screwed up whenever you see yourself falling short of meeting the daily goals you’ve set. It’s normal! We’re all humans after all. Tweak it and allow yourself to enjoy the journey ahead. For example, I once had an action plan to cook one new meal every single day. Guess what? This didn’t even last a week! I had to change it into something more realistic and more suitable for my way of life. So I decided to cook one new meal every week. If I do more – great! If not – one is better than none, right?
So don’t feel bad if you can’t do as much as you can at that moment. Two or three months from now things will have changed and probably then you will be able to do more than you’ve even imagined. Stay realistic with yourself and just keep going.
What are your tips and tricks for fulfilling your dreams? Share with us in the comments below.
P.S. This post was inspired by Day 6 of the Make Over Your Mornings course, which has been a great help for me. If you’re curious to learn more about the course, you can click HERE or on the banner below and it will take you to the right place.